Sustainable Shopping and Travel – Better Choices with AI
Welcome to our challenge. You may have heard of us. If you don't know us yet, we are the largest retailer in Switzerland and one of the most sustainable retailers in the world. This year we join forces with Hotelplan, Switzerland’s biggest travel company and invite you to harness the immense potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to facilitate sustainable consumer choices.
Through the utilization of AI, we aim to develop innovative technological solutions that assist consumers in making more sustainable decisions when purchasing products at supermarkets and planning their travels.
The focus lies in reducing the ecological footprint, but other sustainability values such as animal welfare and ethical sourcing are not excluded. Participants are encouraged to leverage Machine Learning, NLP, Recommender Systems, and data analysis to create intuitive and user-friendly platforms or applications.
Curious? In the following video there are even more insights into our challenge 🎥:
The following data is provided 💻:
- Over 38,000 product records from Migros Supermarket.
- Product information: Sustainability metrics (Climate CO2, Animal Welfare, Fish, etc. labels), nutritional facts, ingredients, prices, allergens, packaging details, recipes, store availability - information also available on produkte.migros.ch.
- Travel product information: 221 unique attributes on resorts and hotels. Including geographic data, visual content, text descriptions, product details and various ratings. information also available on hotelplan.ch.
- And more
A detailed site with the access to all the data will go online shortly before the event.
Support information 💬:
Support will be provided via Discord.
Access Discord server here: https://discord.com/invite/uMwgYS8qhC.
Visit Our Booth at HackZurich: Relax, Refresh, and Connect ⛱️:
We invite you to take a moment to unwind, recharge, and engage with us at our booth. We offer refreshing drinks, comfortable chill area, games to relax your eyes from screentime and of course networking opportunities with us. We can’t wait to meet you! 😊
Check out our career opportunities
What we offer:
In addition to a modern culture, you will benefit from many perks with us:
- Flexible working hours and locations
- All IT positions at 60-100% employment level
- 41-hour work week and 5 to 7 weeks of vacation per year
- Training and personal development opportunities
- 70% coverage of costs for all recreational courses at Migros Klubschule
- Contribution towards public transportation subscriptions
- Discounted mobile phone subscription
- And much, much more
Wondering how it's like to work at Hotelplan Group?
Have a look at our Career Opportunities
Our work model - work & travel:
- You can do up to 30 days of workation in the place of your choice - combine work & travel and make the most of it
- Hybrid working: up to 60% of your working time can be spent @home or elsewhere with flexible working hours
- You get 5 to 7 weeks of vacation per year
- You benefit from great travel discounts
- Live your passion, take a chance on new things and grow as a person – with lots of training and personal development opportunities
- Be a part of an international house of brands working with colleagues across Europe